Saturday, October 06, 2007

Hilarious.

I just read this most hilarious of jokes. It turns out this is a joke that the Israeli Defense Forces like to tell.

"Two soldiers, infantry-men in the Golani Brigade, were on patrol in Hebron, getting ready to enforce the six p.m. curfew. The streets were mostly empty already, but one of the soldiers saw an old Arab man hobbling down the lane in the distance. The soldier dropped to one knee, took aim, and fired, taking off the old man's head. The other soldier watched this in shock. "What are you doing?" he cried. "It's not six yet."
"I know," said the first soldier. "But I knew where that guy lived. He never would have made it home in time."

Ah yes, the poor Israeli victim. The fact that this joke is even acceptable and popular tells you something about the people who live in that state. Whenever I come across things like this I have the hardest time reminding myself that it is the Palestinians who are the violent ones, the aggressors. I wonder where one can get some of that Israeli 'kool-aid".

No comments: